As your tech editor I provide support to ensure your confidence that your self-published pattern is error-free and professional. Whether you are a beginner and this is your very first design or you already have multiple designs to your name, I would love to help you.
Services offered as your tech editor:
- Checking charts: Do they match the written instructions? Does the symbol key include all symbols used?
- Checking schematics: Does the image match the garment? Do the numbers match those in the written instructions?
- Checking written instructions: Is the spelling and grammar correct? Do the mathematics work? Is the pattern clear?
- Consistency with your style sheet
- Comparing the sizing to sizing standards
- Checking the gauge/tension
- Style sheet support: I can help you create a style sheet if you do not have one
- Chart creation: I can use your pattern create charts for you in Stitchmastery.
- Schematic creation: I can use your pattern and photos to create schematic drawings for your using Inkscape
At present I am charging flat rates for my services.
- $16US for simple accessories
- $21US for complex accessories
- $26US for simple garments
- $31US for complex garments
- $16US for chart creation
- $16US for schematic creation
Send me an e-mail telling me when you need your pattern to be ready, as well as what services you need (tech editing, chart and/or schematic creation), along with the most recent version of your pattern. I will look it over, let you know my availability, and determine the rate. After the editing process is finished I send you a Paypal invoice which will be due 30 days after you receive it. If you are in Canada we can do a bank transfer if you would prefer it.
My turnaround time is one week at the latest.
"Madeleine was a pleasure to work with on my first published pattern. She found a number of errors that I overlooked despite reading the pattern many times over. Her feedback on sizing and the additional resources she sent were invaluable, and I will continue to refer to them as I work on future patterns."
"Madeleine's attention to detail included not only the normal tech editing and copy editing tasks, such as finding missing abbreviations, noting chart inconsistencies, misspellings, etc, but also tiny errors such as extra spaces between words. Thank you so much for your prompt, thorough editing!"
-Stephanie Tallent, Sunshine Cat Designs